What is Faith Formation
Faith Formation is: Equipping people to live as disciples of Jesus
In his latest book, Generations Together, John Roberto reaffirms a traditional, but the very rich notion that faith formation informs, forms, and transforms the person – whether child, youth, or adult – into a robust, vital, and life-giving Christian faith that is holistic: a way of the head, the heart, and the hands.
And faith formation does the very same for the Christian community as it immerses people into particular practices and a particular way of life that identifies them as followers of Jesus. Faith formation seeks to help people:
- Grow in their relationship with God for the whole of life
- Live as disciples of Jesus at home, at work, in the community, and in the world
- Develop an understanding of the Bible and their faith tradition
- Deepen their spiritual life and practices
- Engage in service and mission to the world
- Participate in the life and ministries of their faith community
Faith formation is for all Stages of life. It isn’t just for preparing for Sacraments. It is how we can grow as followers of Jesus, and its’ something that we all do at any age. Please join us in using this new terminology for our faith lives.
Holy Spirit is re-imagining Faith Formation as being more than preparing for Sacraments, or “graduating” from “Religious Education”. We are working to bring Faith Formation that is relevant for the different ages of our parishioners, reflect the realities of our current family dynamics, and helps all to learn to live as a fully-alive member of the Body of Christ.
Wednesday Faith Formation Night Classes:
Elementary and High School Groups: K-12th Grade
Adult Faith Formation Groups:
Women At the Well